"Hip Hop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes" is a documentary written, produced and directed by a man name Byron Hurt. He explores the issues of violence, sexism, homophobia, and masculinity in rap music. Many famous rapper such as Busta Rhymes, Mos Def, Chuck-D, Jadakiss and many more are featured in the documentary. It's a great watch if you want to take a more in depth look at how all of these issues affect the rap community.
Top 10 Hip Hop/Rap albums on iTunes presently
1. Take Care (Deluxe Version) - Drake
2. Radioactive (Deluxe Version - Yelawolf
3. Watch the Throne (Deluxe Version) - Jay-Z and Kanye West
4. Camp - Childish Gambino
5. Blue Slide Park - Mac Miller
6. A bout portant - Taktika
7. Pink Friday (Deluxe Version) - Nicki Minaj
8. Planet Pit (Deluxe Version) - Pitbull
9. Tha Carter IV (Deluxe Version) - Lil Wayne
10. Recovery (Deluxe Version) - Eminem
Check out Matt Brevner who is a rapper from Vancouver. Support Matt and the Vancouver hip-hop community by checking out his music on YouTube. This song is called Mine. If you're interested in Matt you can check out his other songs on YouTube and subscribe to his page.